Research Study 05
Creating An Amazing Employee Experience.
By_ James C Scott
Employers today have the ever-increasing task of growing their business to the heights they dreamed of. HR departments and people directors have the big problem of attracting and retaining top talent, getting employees to perform while staying happy, healthy and motivated.
The reason why this is happening is that the business lacks certain key ingredients that employees are looking for, and the employees lack certain qualities what the business is looking for.
So how do we solve this?
Human-Centered Design is our process that aligns your organisation’s work patterns, needs and culture with your workplace environment to enable peak performance, increased profit and well-being and create amazing employee experiences. And most of all create happiness!
- Vision & Purpose
- Admiration & Respect
- Financial Performance
- Vision & Purpose
Lack of employee experience.
The reason for a business not performing is three-fold but all fall under one category a lack of employee ‘experience’. Employees today have more choice on where, how and who they want to work with. It’s important to feel that the business they work for enhances their life experience and gives them a vision for their future. They want to feel valued and be part of a team with a common shared purpose.
Therefore, the key to creating a high-performance business with an unstoppable culture, where people love to work, is to give the employees an amazing experience.
Key ‘Experience’ Ingredients.
- CULTURE_ The cultural environment is the vibration of your organisation. Or you could say – brand is culture and culture is brand.
- NEEDS_ The tools and settings needed to get the job done, the welfare and technology.
- ENVIRONMENT_ The physical space and its layout, the message that it portrays to the employees, business and their clients. Does it embody the organisations personality and align with the company’s vision, values, and purpose?
All successful high-performance workplaces have these 3 traits in common. Which are key to creating fantastic employee experiences. Their spaces promote the right sort of activities, stimulate the right sort of communication and evoke the right sort of feelings. These companies certainly reap the rewards for their efforts and thrive in the process. Google, LinkedIn, Apple, Facebook to name a few…
Getting it right from the start.
The traditional way when starting any workplace design process is to ask the client for brief and a list of room types, staff numbers, departments and adjacencies, existing storage requirements and future expansion. This moves the focus on static items such as desks for computers, tables for meetings and dining for lunchtimes, which leads to the creation of low-performing employees.
The problem to this approach is that decisions are made far too quickly and therefore staff are not involved in creating their work setting. This is hindering any exploration of ‘how we together’ can create an environment that supports employee’s needs, well-being, culture, and work-life experience.
Your route to success.
Human-Centered Design starts with the people you are designing for and ends with tailor-made solutions that support their day to day work-life experience in a meaningful, positive and uplifting way. Each design process is tailored to the clients’ needs and objectives and is determined on, where they are now and what areas they need to improve on to become an amazing workplace experience center.
Human-Centered Design starts with the people you are designing for and ends with tailor-made solutions that support their day to day work-life experience in a meaningful, positive and uplifting way.
- Kick-off meeting and brief questionnaires
- Building Appraisal (existing or new)
- Departmental Interviews
- Workshops: tools, culture, environment.
- Strategy Development
- Validation Focus Groups
- Workplace Strategy (Blueprint of your future workplace)
What does this mean for you?.
What do you get out of it?…
- Builds a vibrant, thriving environment.
- Creates a sense of belonging, loyalty and community spirit.
- Sparks collaboration, innovation, creativity, and energy.
- Helps to attract and retain the best and right staff.
- Aligns employees with how they actually work which boost motivation & productivity.
- Creates you an environment that embodies your company’s DNA.
- Reduces Sick days and stress.
- Fosters an overall better day-to-day experience – and therefore better business results.
- Facilitates wellness programs and introduces well-being within the workplace.
- Generates results that guarantee better employee experiences.
- Gives employees vision, purpose and a sense of pride in what they do and why they do it.
- Supercharges your employees like nothing else!
The results from the Human-Centered Design process will be used to start the space planning and interior design process. The space plans and design concepts will take into consideration the wide variety of tasks each member of staff will undertake as well as focusing on increasing your well-being, celebrating your culture and giving employees the workspaces, they want.
, In essence, the Human-Centered design process will give you the best possible chance of creating a wonderful work-life experience for your employee’s happiness. By providing your own internal benefits, and leadership you’ll meet your employee’s needs.
A Human-Centered design approach combined with employee benefits and excellent internal leadership will generate an amazing employee experience. That not only outperform its competitors but will also create long-lasting happiness and success for everyone within the business.
TYPICAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- Health Insurance
- Pension Scheme and Contribution
- Holidays and paid time off.
- Growth Opportunities
- Excellent Leadership
Want to know more? It’s easy to get started!
Human-Centered Design isn’t just a process, it fundamentally changes the dynamics of your organisation and the fabric of your business. James C Scott _Founder and CEO @ Cube 8 Studio